What are the treatments for Acute Pancreatitis?
The list of treatments mentioned in various sources
for Acute Pancreatitis
includes the following list.
Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
- Intensive care - for severe cases
- Parenteral nutrition
- Antibiotics - for secondary infections
- Surgical drainage - for any pancreas cyst or abscess
- Adequate rehydration
- Pancreatic rest and to restore normal metabolic homeostasis
- Surgical management rrarely needed
- Longitudinal pancreaticojejunostomy
- Distal pancreatectomy with Roux-en-Y pancreaticojejunostomy
- Decompression of pancreatic ducts
- Repair of pancreatic divisum