What are the home remedies for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in Teens?
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a behavior disorder that is characterized by hyperactivity or restlessness, impulsivity, and/or distractibility that interfere with the person's life in some way.
- ADHD is common, affecting millions of teens.
- While there is no single cause of ADHD, there are many factors that increase the risk of developing the disorder.
- Symptoms of ADHD in teens tend to be somewhat different compared to the disorder in children or in adults.
- There can be some differences between teenage boys and girls in their symptoms of ADHD.
- If a medical or mental-health professional suspects that a teen has ADHD, he or she will likely undergo an extensive medical interview and physical examination.
- Treatment of ADHD usually involves some combination of organizational and/or educational changes, psychotherapy, and/or medication.
- As anything that is ingested carries risk of side effects, it is important for the ADHD teen and his or her family to work closely with the prescribing doctor to decide whether treatment with medications is an appropriate intervention and, if so, which and how much medication should be administered.
- There are many possible complications associated with ADHD, particularly if it remains untreated.
- ADHD usually requires treatment for it to be adequately managed.
- There are many support groups for people who suffer from ADHD.